Sunday, March 1, 2015

When reflecting on my own practices related to the ISTE Standards for Teachers section 2, subsections B-D, it would be as follows:


1. Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards, and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching.  I use a variety of different assessments in my classroom.  We use pretests, final exams, whiteboards, exit tickets, student teachers, rubrics, etc...however, the only assessments that I do online are through online programs that I use.  FrontRow math assesses students and gives me a report about how they are progressing.  imagine learning is also a program that I have for my struggling readers.  This program is wonderful because it gives me detailed reports about where my students are and what there deficiencies are and lessons that will help them master those skills.  DIBELS is also a valuable tool in assessing my students.  I use this information to group my students.  I would love to incorporate google forms into my assessments.  I have sent home permission slips, but haven't received all of them back.  Once I do, we will be up and running!


 2. C Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.   I have given my students projects and allowed them to choose their own medium.  My class doesn't have a lot of experience with IPads.  I have been the first class that they have had that has enough IPads to be able to allow them to be able to create projects simultaneously.  I have had to teach them the apps and that takes time.  Once I know that they are comfortable with these apps, I am comfortable to release it to them as a group.  I plan on teaching my students more ways to display their knowledge in creative ways. 

3. B Develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress. I have incorporated goal setting into my classroom, KidBlog.  They really enjoy making a weekly goal, commenting and encouraging each other to reach their goals, and reflecting on them at the end of the week.  I need to let my students have the independence to pursue their own interests on the IPads.

I feel that I have learned a lot this week.  I thought that I was doing pretty good, but now I know that I can be doing so much more.  All of these tools that we have been learning would be awesome to incorporate into the classroom.  I really would love to start gamification right away because my students enjoy anything with games attached to it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment